Whole House Dehumidifiers Services in Gaithersburg, Olney, Rockville, NW, Washington DC, and Surrounding Areas.
We’ve addressed the issue of too little moisture in a home, but what if your problem is the opposite and you’re fighting excess moisture at every turn. Here, a whole home dehumidifier is your answer. Installed as part of your home’s heating and cooling system, a central dehumidifier works in conjunction with your air conditioner to pull air from every room in your home through the return ducts.
It then removes the moisture and sends dry air back while balancing humidity levels in your home. On cooler days, when use of the air-conditioner is not needed, the system can also run independently.
What Are Signs You May Need A Whole-House Dehumidifier?
- How will you know if your home could benefit from a whole-house dehumidifier? Ask yourself the following:
- Do you have trouble sleeping at night due to clammy skin or stuffiness in the air?
- Have you ever reduced the temperature setting because you’re uncomfortable with the stuffy feeling?
- Have your floors or other surfaces ever felt sticky or “sweaty”?
- Are you concerned with mold and mildew growth in your home?
- Do you have musty odors or smells in any area of your home?
- Do you have condensation on your water pipes?
- Have you seen wet stains on walls or ceilings?
- Do you or a family member have allergies (over-moist air can encourage the growth of mold, bacteria, and dust mites—three commonly known household allergens).
If you answered yes to any of the above questions you may have a moisture problem in your home that needs attention. To discuss the specifics of your home give us a call at (301) 774-4200 or contact us here.