Your home’s air conditioner needs regular AC service in Olney, MD to function properly. The primary parts of your air conditioner may not work as well after a few months of running.
Without cleaning your air conditioner the results may be quite obvious. If your AC isn’t inspected and repaired properly, it may not work at all. A good air conditioning service in Olney, MD can save you money on costly repairs.
What is included in AC service and maintenance?
- Drainage cleaning and checking for leaks:
The technician will look for pooling or dripping water during air conditioning maintenance. He will also check inside the air conditioning unit for leaks coming from the tubes and pipes. When repairing the air conditioner, the technician will clean the drain and remove any dirt or debris that may be blocked. This will help you avoid the issue of water leaking from the air conditioner.
- Conducting maintenance on the unclean air filters:
When air filters are used regularly they tend to gather a lot of dust and dirt that needs to be cleaned out. Dusty air filters can lead to issues, like ice build up and ineffective cooling.
When carrying out air conditioning maintenance in Olney, MD the technician will clean the air filter thoroughly. As part of the maintenance process, for an air conditioner the condenser fins will also undergo a cleaning to remove any accumulated mold and dirt.
- Necessary repairs: When you schedule air conditioning service in Olney, MD, you can expect to receive the services we’ve already outlined, such as inspecting the equipment and cleaning the system’s various components. Even with routine maintenance, HVAC system components eventually deteriorate.
Your technician should be able to replace broken parts and perform repairs on the same day as your planned maintenance visit. If you perform maintenance on your system twice a year, it will reduce repairs and be more efficient.
- Inspection of the condensate drain line: Clearing the condensate line ensures that your air conditioner can drain liquid condensate effectively. If your drain line becomes clogged, water leaks, and other problems related to moisture and dampness may follow.
Cleaning your condensate drain eliminates any mold and bacteria that may have developed around your drain line. Your specialist will also inspect your condensate drain pipe for cracks and will repair it.
- Vent cleaning: Vent cleaning is an often overlooked chore despite its importance, and it should be performed at least once every three months. It helps to retain the efficiency of your air conditioner and reduce the number of allergens and dust circulating throughout your home.
The cleaning technique is not unduly complicated. Remove the vents by unscrewing their screws and taking them out, then wipe them with a soft cloth to remove any residue that could reduce their efficiency.
For AC service in Olney, MD, choosing only a professional who can be relied upon and has prior experience in the area cannot be understated. ADI Heating and Air Conditioning is your ‘go-to’ service for AC related services, we are happy to assist you to keep your home and family members cool and comfortable throughout the summer. Contact us at (301)774-4200 today!